Support the creation of a Marine Protected Area in Nandayure, Guanacaste, Costa Rica.
- Sustainable fishing of spotted rose snapper.
- Only artisinal fisheries that don’t compromise the reproductive capacity of the spotted rose snapper nor the ecosystem function.
- No shrimp trawlers, gillnetters, nor compressor diving.
- For the coastal communities that depend on the sustainable use of marine resources.
- Protection of hawksbill sea turtles that reside in Punta Coyote, Punta Bejuco, and Punta Islita.
- Protection of olive ridley sea turtles that nest on the beaches of Corozalito, Bejuco, San Miguel, Costa de Oro and Caletas.
Support by signing the petition.
Dear Minister René Castro, Minaet.
I hereby wish to express my support for the creation of a new Marine Management Area in Nandayure, Guanacaste, specifically in the “triangle” of the unprotected waters locked between the Caletas-Ario and Camaronal Wildlife Refuges. The protection of this “triangle” under a management system that allows for the development of sustainable fisheries, will contribute not only to the conservation of threatened and endangered marine species, but to the health and productivity of the spotted rose snapper fishery as well, upon which the coastal communities depend for their socioeconomic development.;